Alpaca Dryer Balls - set of 3
Ethically-made and eco-friendly, they are a natural and sustainable alternative to your never-ending supply of toxic dryer sheets. Hand-made in a rural Peruvian village, these alpaca balls are felted one-by-one by a female cooperative of skilled artisans- in collaboration with their local alpaqueros.
Change your laundry forever with these reusable fabric softeners. Because the comfort of modern home essentials no longer comes at the price of Mother Nature’s wellbeing.
Features and Benefits
- Directions: place 3 balls in the dryer with a regular load. Keep balls in the dryer between loads. Alternatively, store balls in the box that comes with the pack of 3, or store balls in the organic cotton bag that comes with the pack of 6.
- The balls absorb moisture and create air circulation in the dryer. This wind effect in the dryer reduces dryer time. At the same time, the balls replace disposable dryer sheets and plastic dryer balls along with the harsh chemicals within them.
Size and Care
- The dryer balls are made from 50% Peruvian alpaca and 50% Peruvian wool.
- Each ball is approx. 3" (8cm) in diameter and 9.5" (24cm) in circumference
- To keep the ball's maximum effect, periodically place each ball in a sock, wash on a hot cycle with detergent, remove the ball from the sock, dry the ball on a hot setting.
- Any natural pilling can be removed; however, this is not necessary as the pills make balls more effective.
- Fairly-traded. Made in Peru.
- The alpaca and wool of these balls are from Peruvian "alpaqueros," which is Spanish for "alpaca farmers." These farmers work in collaboration with a local female artisan cooperative who hand-make the balls one by one.